Pages

Jan 27, 2011

Chicken Rolls

This recipe is is one of my favorites from when I was younger. I was oddly craving it the other night so I called my mom up for the recipe. I used to eat it a lot when I was a kid. This is the first time that I made and it was like walking down memory lane as I took the first bite. I have no idea where the recipe came from, but here it is:



1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
a pinch of sage
6 oz of cream cheese
4 T melted butter
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups cooked cubed chicken
2 packages refrigerate crescent rolls

mix all ingredients in medium sized bowl

separate rolls & flatten
put a spoon full of chicken mixture on each roll
fold corners to cover & seal

bake @ 350* for 20 min on UNGREASED pan!
(watch the timer. ours were done in 15 min)

My secret to getting the perfect amount of chicken...
8 Chicken Breast Tenderloins
To defrost put in the microwave for 4 min
To cook add another 4 min
Don't do a consecutive 8 min
Keep track of the chicken so it doesn't over cook

The below pictures are how I "folded and sealed" the rolls. The funny part is, is I felt like I was putting a diaper on a baby! ;) If you look closely at the pictures you'll see what I mean!









Here is the finished product:


What it looks like bitten into and what it looks like on the plate:



It was a quick and easy dinner to make and as you see I added peas. Add whatever vegetable you want and enjoy!

Let us know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. This recipe comes from Madeline Barraclough. She was an older sister in Millcreek 8th Ward, the Ward we lived in when you were born. She was a very kind sister who helped me out on a couple of occasions. I have some sweet memories of her. It makes this recipe all the more special; which is why I made is so frequently and why you love it so much ;)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete