Pages

Jun 13, 2011

Chocolate-Raspberry Fudge Cream Cheese Cupcakes

This was REALLY rich! But wonderful. I made them for my nieces baby blessing. It's my first niece on my side of the family and it was wonderful to play aunt. I miss her a ton. But these were for her. Her name is Annie. I hope that you enjoy them and much as the family did!!!

First you need:
Devils Food Cake box recipe
A Jar of Raspberry jam (mine was home made)
Cupcake cups
Cupcake Pan



Drop a tiny bit of raspberry jam in each cupcake
Bake using the same directions as the box uses



Creamy Fudge Frosting
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa
3 2/3 (1 lb) powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
dash of salt
1/3 cup water


Melt butter - low heat. Add cocoa; stir until smooth.
Remove from heat.
Alternately add powdered sugar, vanilla, salt, and water.
Beat with spoon/whisk until smooth and creamy.
Add additional water if too thick.

Makes 2 cups frosting


Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar (and then some for consistency)

I didn't realize until now that I didn't take any pictures of the Cream Cheese Frosting. But you can see it on the top of the cupcakes. I had to use a ton of confectioners' sugar to make it the thick consistency so it would stay on top of the cupcakes.






No comments:

Post a Comment