Pages

Jul 16, 2011

Salmon with Cucumber Dill Salsa

So, before my husband and I got married, I would NOT eat fish. No one could get me to eat fish. So one night when we were on a date, before we got married, I decided that he could pick 3 different types of fish and I would try them. So... I tried catfish, trout and salmon. Since then, I have added mahi mahi and halibut.  Now I don't like catfish, but I love the rest!

This is our favorite way to eat salmon. And the recipe called for rye bread as a side but we decided to do Bruschetta instead and it was FANTABULOUS!!!  

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Salmon Fillet
Salt and Pepper
1 Cucumber; quartered lengthwise and chopped
3 tablespoons fresh dill*, chopped
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley*
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus juice of 1/2 lemon
*We use dried dill and parsley, so you would have to make different estimates on taste.



Heat the EVOO in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.

While the skillet is heating, season the salmon with some salt and pepper.


 When the oil ripples, add the seasoned salmon skin side down , and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.



In a bowl, stir together the chopped cucumber, dill, sour cream, red onion, parsley, lemon zest and juice, and a little salt and pepper.



Remove the salmon from the skillet to a plate and top with the cucumber dill salsa. 
(or to the side, that's how I like it.)


And now... It's time for me to add a little artistic flare!
Enjoy!



Now let us know what you think and any other alterations or additions you've done!

This recipe was "stolen" from our Rachael Ray Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment