Pages

Aug 13, 2011

Salsa Chicken

The first time that I remember eating this was when I was in Hawaii with my family back in 2006. We were in the little condo and my sister wanted to make dinner that night. I don't remember where she got the idea but it tasted great. This is the first time we made it but it's SUPER easy and fun.
Great for a hot summer evening.

Ingredients
1 lb. Chicken Breast (more or less)
or
Chicken Tenders
1-1 1/2 cups Pace Salsa, medium (more or less)
1 can Pineapple Tidbits (if desired)
Rice


Directions:

1) You can either cut the chicken into bit sized pieces first or cook it first and then cut into to bit size pieces. I cooked ours first and then cut. Our chicken was so thick so I cooked it on the stove. I still prefer to cook in the microwave. Even cooking on the stove I was still cutting the chicken as it cooked to make sure it got cooked all the way through. (Start boiling water for rice while cooking)


2) Put your rice in the pan at this point for cooking.


3) After the chicken is cooked and cut, empty the pan of the oil it was cooked in and then put the chicken back in the pan with the Salsa. Turn the heat back up and get it to boil a little so that it brings out more juice. Cook until warm. 


Serve over the rice


Veggie:
My husband was craving cabbage for some odd reason so we had cabbage. It's very similar tasting to brussels sprouts but I definitely like brussels sprouts better.
But you can choose your own veggie.


1 comment:

  1. I like this one, easy and fast, yet really really good.

    ReplyDelete