Pages

Oct 12, 2011

Enchiladas

If you check out my previous post, you'll see that I guest posted this over at Newlyweds on a Budget today. I thought that I'd put it up over here as well so that I have the recipe in my growing collection.
So here is a new and VERY simple mexican dish.

~Enchiladas~
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law who got this from a friend of hers

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups chicken - cooked and chopped
1 cup picante sauce (salsa)
3 oz cream cheese
3-4 green onions (optional)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp oregano


Cook and cub your chicken
*I defrost and cook in the microwave... 2 minutes at a time.



Combine salsa, cream cheese, cumin & oregano in a pan on the stove and stir together on medium heat until all mixed





Add the chicken and stir together until all warm


Scoop into tortillas


Roll like a burrito


Place in pan


Cover with cheese


Bake in the oven at 350* for 15-20 minutes
(or until cheese is melted)


Serve with your favorite toppings!!!!
If I had them, which I thought I did, I would add lettuce and tomatoes!
Oh, and refried beans too, but I just had refried beans the other day ;)
Totally delicious!
Oh, and the sauce reminds me of the Taco Bell sauce on their quesadillas! BONUS!!!
Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. Those look amazing that you for the recipe. Thank you so much sharing and for linking up to our party Show and Share this week! Come on back this Wednesday to link up your current projects.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this! My hubby loves Mexican food and this would be a great treat for him. Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower from the Sundae Scoop. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky, I don't ever remember getting an email showing that commented but I just wanted to thank you for following. Did you ever try the recipe?

      Delete