Pages

Nov 30, 2011

Cafe Rio Chicken

For those of you who don't know what Cafe Rio is... it's a fantabulous Mexican Restaurant. The only place that I know of where they are is in UT. But I really have only ever been to UT since I got married. So if you have a Cafe Rio near you, please leave a comment and let us know!

This is a super easy crock pot recipe! I was super nervous to do it because I have only used my crock pot once for chili (which was kind of a bust) and that was over a year ago. This was the second time that we've used it since we got married. After the success that we had with this recipe I have a feeling we'll be using the crock pot more often!!

We had this for dinner on Black Friday. The best part about all of this, is I came home mid-shopping and threw everything in the crock pot in less then 10-15 minutes and I was back out the door. (Now I had only been out for an hour. And I had left at 11. I'm NOT a true Black Friday shopper.) I hope you guys enjoy this as much as we did!

Ingredients:
2 lbs chicken breasts
1/2 a small bottle of zesty Italian dressing (about 4-8 oz)
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1 packet Ranch Dressing mix (mixed with 1/2 cup of water*)
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
(*I forgot to add the water. Not sure if it made a difference)

Directions:
Cut the extra fat/tendons off the chicken

Place all ingredients in the crock pot

Cook on High 5-6 hours
OR
Low for 8 hours.

Shred chicken in Kitchen Aid
(best idea ever... what would take 10 minutes takes 10 seconds)



Serve!!!!



I was going to do burritos but we had no shells. I was so sad but the salad was amazing also!

Serves about 3-4
We had enough for the 2 of us and enough for left overs which was perfect
We used 1.8 lbs chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment