Pages

Nov 2, 2011

German Pancakes

If ever I'm not around for a meal, this is Marvin's go to. For snack, dinner, lunch... He loves it. I've tried it, but the amount of butter really gets to my stomach. 
Serving size: Marvin :)

Ingredients:
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cube butter


Directions:
Put one cube of butter in a 9x13 pan and place in oven at 400* (do not pre-heat)
If you want less fat, try a half cube butter 


Mix eggs flour salt and milk together



When butter is melted, pour mixture into pan and place in oven for 15-20 minutes


Edges should be light to golden brown and rising above the top of the pan when done


Remove and enjoy immediately

I sprinkle with powdered sugar and a little lemon juice but you can top with your favorite fruit. 


3 comments:

  1. question, do I need to cook it at 400 also or just melt the butter at 400??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! Yes, you would also cook it at 400*.

      Delete