Pages

Nov 6, 2011

Spiritual Feasting #2


Do you have a favorite calling at church? I do!!! I love leading the music in sacrament meeting, and I think I just substituted for the last time…
 I was never the official substitute, she just always asked me and I was more than willing to help. The woman that had the calling was just released on Sunday. :(
But, that’s not the reason for the post.
The reason is the hymns that were sung.
I didn’t really know any of them. Well, more like I didn’t recognize any of them. We sung them and I stuttered along the way. Then afterwards I sat down and read the songs.
They are magnificent!
To me it’s really hard to truly understand a hymn when you have the melody running through your head.  In this case, I was free of the melody and able to concentrate on the words and they brought such peace to my spirit.

Jesus, Savior, pilot me Over life’s tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll, Hiding rock and treach’rous shoal.
Chart and compass came from thee; Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
As a mother stills her child, Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
Boist’rous waves obey thy will When thou say’st to them, “Be still!”
Wondrous Sov’reign of the sea, Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
When at last I near the shore, And the fearful breakers roar
’Twixt me and the peaceful rest, Then, while leaning on thy breast,
May I hear thee say to me, “Fear not; I will pilot thee.”
(I changed the format so it appears more like a poem then a song. I hope that helped if you knew the melody.)

Isn’t that just lovely?
Doesn’t that just bring peace to your heart?!
Now that is definitely a song that I can go to for peace and comfort.

What’s you’re favorite hymn or song that brings you comfort?

No comments:

Post a Comment