Pages

Dec 1, 2011

Spiritual Feasting #5

This is the second week in a row that I’ve missed posting the Spiritual Feast on Sunday. I got so caught up in the week and Thanksgiving and spending time with family that this completed escaped me until I was crawling into bed Sunday night. Then I forgot to post something Monday and didn't want to interfer with Tip Tuesday and Wednesday Weekly Meal so you get a bonus post today and then hopefully I'll be back on the ball for Sunday.
 I’ve been thinking all day today about what I can post. I wanted to do something for Thanksgiving and I wanted to do something to start off for Christmas also. I started pulling out all my decorations (which isn’t a whole lot) and I’m really in the mood for Christmas now. Thanksgiving just snuck up on me.
So today, I’m going to do what I didn’t get to do on Thanksgiving and express what I’m thankful for.
I’m extremely thankful for my husband. There may not be the one and only person for you like they say in all those fairy tales, but there is the one that is meant for you depending on the decisions that you have made in your life. Marvin is the one for me. He is ever encouraging and always strong. I seem to get overwhelmed often when I look at where we are finically and where I want to be. He holds me, hugs me, lets me cry when needed, and says “We can do it. Just wait and see.” His constant encouragement never ceases to amaze me!! :)
I’m thankful that I’m an aunt. My 3 year old niece on my husbands’ side of the family calls me her favorite. She is always excited to see me and when they were here a few weeks ago, she sobbed when she couldn’t come to my house and play. She always makes me smile. My 7 month old niece on my side is a dream. Her smothering kisses will make you laugh and giggle and brighten your day beyond belief! I needed her this weekend and I already miss her terribly. Besides, who doesn’t love napping with a baby!!!!
I’m thankful for my learning craze! I love Pinterest and I love my blog. In the last year I have learned so much about cooking and crafting and being frugal and finding ways to beautify my trailer/house on a small budget and for the many things I can create with the “left-overs” lying around my house.
And the only other thing, at the moment that I can think of, that I’m grateful for is my religion. For the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For the knowledge that I have that there is plan. Despite what it feels like here and now there is plan and I’m only a small piece of that plan. That there is always hope as long as I have Faith and that there are many, many blessings that come from serving and paying tithing.
I am truly blessed and thankful for so many things.
I hope that you guys had as great of a Thanksgiving as I did and that you’re ready to transition into Christmas.


What is your favorite Christmas Tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment