Pages

Dec 4, 2011

Spiritual Feasting #6


I was talking to a friend at work the other day. {She has mentioned some interest in coming to church with me sometime but so far that hasn’t happened. I haven’t given up hope yet. I have a prayer in my heart that some day she will, but she is slowly letting Heavenly Father into her life more and more, and that’s a good place to start at.} Any way, she told me that she has finally decided to ‘give up’ of sorts on the stresses in her live and turn them over to Heavenly Father. She is learning that she can’t do everything alone. She doesn’t have an easy or perfect life right now. In fact, she and her family struggle a lot and often. But it’s been wonderful watching her release those stresses and burdens to her Heavenly Father. Visibly, you can tell that her load has been lightened.
I have been striving to do similarly lately. It doesn’t happen often, but there are times when I get so overwhelmed. Like I’m taking on the whole world by myself. Between a full time job and house work I feel like there is never enough time in the day to get everything done. But that’s okay. The Lord knows that we aren’t perfect. He knows that we have bad days and good days. Overwhelming days and peaceful days. But He’ll never give us more then we can handle. We just have to remember that when our hearts fail us, when we feel like there is nothing left that we can do to make things easier, that the Lord is there to strengthen us and carry us if need be. We just have to learn to lean on Him. 
I’m so excited for some spiritual uplifting this Sunday. And I’m not just talking about church. It’s the annual Christmas Devotional from the First Presidency of the church. They always have great messages to share and I’m excited to hear what inspiring words they have to say. I’ll try and remember to post the link on where you can watch/listen to it Monday night or next Sunday. You can always go to lds.org and see if you can watch it live. I know you won’t regret it! 
In the mean time, I found this short video clip from Elder Russell M. Nelson titled “Men’s Hearts Shall Fail Them.” It’s a great clip and I feel like it hit home this week with the talk that I had with my friend and the emotions that can occur during this time of year. I hope that you enjoy it.
What do you do when you’re feeling overwhelmed?


No comments:

Post a Comment