Pages

Jan 22, 2012

Spiritual Feasting #12

Happy Sunday!!!
How has your week been? We've had the most insane week. We haven't really had any snow all winter. Maybe 1-2 inches here and there but that was it. It's been in the 40's and 50's and has been a mild winter until this week. Last Sunday they kept saying that the worst snow storm in years was coming and I think all of us were in denial because they had lied about all the snow thus far. But they weren't lying this time and it was the worse snow storm that we've ever had since the 90's. 
It started snowing Tuesday night and didn't stop until Thursday night. So in 48 hours we got just a little over 15 inches of snow. Cars were snowed in. Radio announcers were saying that "the police have requested that if you live on a side street to stay put until city can plow your road." It kind of made me laugh that they said that because the majority of the city lives on side streets. Lets just say that even the major streets didn't even look plowed until Thursday morning. 
It was a little nerve racking for me to drive around in the snow because we got a new car last March and I really hadn't had a chance to drive it in the snow. But once I got used to how it handled in the snow, we had some fun on the side streets. Nothing crazy though, nothing like doughnuts or anything like that but I wasn't as scared to drive. 
Yesterday warmed up to the 40's and it's been off and on raining and melting and we've been able to see the sun. It was kind of weird to see the sun after all the clouds and snow. It was kind of blinding. We're supposed to drop back down into the 30's today and get more snow tonight and tomorrow. We're not exactly looking forward to that.
Here are some PICTURES that I took. They are all darkish because I took first thing before I left for work around 6:30 a.m. and then on my way home from working out around 5:30 p.m.













So now onto the Spiritual Feasting part...
The other night in our family reading I read Pslams 31:24 "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord." I paused after I read that verse and reread it and then looked at Marvin and told him that I really liked that verse. It just seem really peaceful. Like a bit of encouragement. Then as I reread the chapter this morning I found a few more verses in that chapter that I really liked.
Verse 7: "I will be glad and rejoice in they mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou has known my soul in adversities;"
I liked that verse because I felt like it went along well with our Family Motto.
Then I liked the verse before 24 and how when you put the two of them together it made even more sense.
Verse 23-24: "O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."
Both of those verse start with a plea and end with a promise...
Verse 23: The plea is to love the Lord. The promise is that the Lord will preserve the faithful and reward the doer.
Verse 24: The plea is to be of good cheer. The promise is that He will strengthen our hearts as long as we hope in the Lord. 
I love scriptures that give advice and encouragement. It's times like that when we can really apply the scriptures to our daily lives. It's those times when I really do feel like they were writing the scriptures for us. To help us our in our time of need. To let us know that we aren't alone in our suffering or strife. That they were there too and if we lean on the Lord, he will preserve and reward us and strengthen our hearts to Keep Moving Forward with Faith.
{It's funny how everything lately ties back to our Family Motto.}
I really hope that those scriptures bring peace to you today and that you have a wonderful Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment