Pages

Feb 15, 2012

Shepherd's Pie

One of my favorite shows last year was Master Chef
I was addicted! I felt like I could do anything that they could do... almost as invincible as those who tried and tried no matter what criticism they received by Chef Ramsey.
Well, anyway, on one of the episodes, a contestant decided that he was going to make Shepherd's Pie and was desperately hoping that Chef Ramsey would like it since it was his favorite meal growing up. In the end, it was a huge hit and Chef Ramsey was very impressed. 
Everything on Master Chef always looked so complicated. I wanted to try making a lot of things but it always seemed daunting.
Well, I was cruising through my Deseret Cookbook and I found a simplified recipe! Then as I was making dinner I found another recipe on the back of the Idahoan Mashed Potatoes can. I'm excited to try that one soon too.
I hope you enjoy this!!!

Ingredients
1 lb Ground Beef (Elk)
1 medium Onion, chopped
1 can (10 oz) Tomato Soup
1 can Green Beans
2 cups Mashed Potatoes
1 cup Grated Cheese


Directions
Preheat oven to 350*

Brown the meat with the onion


While meat is browning, mix together mashed potatoes

Turn off the head and add tomato soup and green beans and mix together


Transfer to 8x8 pan


Top with mashed potatoes and cheese


Bake for 20 minutes


Serve!!!



{Should serve 4, depending on the appetites of your company :)}




No comments:

Post a Comment