Pages

Feb 19, 2012

{Spiritual Feasting #16} "Hope Ya Know...

...I'm having a hard time."

It seems like everyone is having a hard time right now.

I would say again for some and the first time for others.

I was scrolling through the blogs that I follow and I found a post from a fellow blogger that touched my heart and made me feel like I wasn't alone. Her husband lost his job again. For the 3rd time in 2 years.
Now Marvin hasn't lost his job, but due some ridiculous circumstances, it could be possible in the next 4-6 months. Reading her post made me sad for her but helped me to realize that if it did happen to us, we're not alone. That someone else has been through it and made it out the other side just fine. 

Marvin come home from work Tuesday or Wednesday and told me about it and I was so overwhelmed I didn't know what to do. He told me not to worry about and let him do all the worrying. I said No! We are partners and we'll worry about this together. His rebuttal was that I handle stress and worry differently then he does which is very true. But we are in this together and we'll worry about it together and we'll make it through together. This isn't the only thing that we're been dealing with over the last little while... 

But lets just put it this way...

Just when you feel like you finally have a plan in place on how you want to progress and you can afford to progress and you actually start stepping forward, there will always be that trial(s) that sets you back a little, to test you, to make sure you can continue moving forward... In faith.

I found this video clip that illustrates the point perfect.
It's called "Hope Ya Know, We Had A Hard Time"



It does matter if it's having or had... a hard time is a hard time and we just need to remember that we can lean on the Lord when those hard times happen.

We did make it to the Temple this weekend and it couldn't have been more perfect timing. With the news and knowing that we were going to Temple, we were able to push through the rest of week and look forward to our quiet moment in the House of the Lord to let the worry and stress melt away for a time.

I hope that you guys have a wonderful Sunday and that you'll be recharged for the up coming week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment