Pages

Mar 25, 2012

{Spiritual Feasting #30}

Happy Sunday Morning!!!
It's beautiful and sunny here in Montana!!

I spent about 45 minutes this morning looking around YouTube and LDS.org trying to find a good video to share and for some reason none of them really stuck out like they usually do. 
I think part of it might be that this week has been rough for me. Each day has brought out some good moments and bad moments and I think that right now I may not be in the best place.
Not that where I'm at is bad, I just think that I need to spend more time turning myself around. 
As I was watching a video clip this morning I had several thoughts pop into my head of things that I can do to ease my 'rough spots'. One of them was to read my scriptures personally.
I used to be really good at that before I got married.
I would read them every night before I went to bed and it was my time. It was my time to learn from the Lord about what he wanted to share with me. 
Now, we read together before we go to bed and I always thought that was enough. 
I think now is the time to change that and start reading my scriptures on my own. 
The problem...
Is finding the time to do that. 
It always seems to be the problem.
TIME!
Why can't there be more time?
I think I'll go pull out my scriptures (because I use an app on my iPhone mostly) and place them in our front room. Then when I come home from work I can read them while I wait for Marvin to come home. 
What do you think?
I think I will try that this week!
Did you also know that prayer is AMAZING!
I have prayed a lot this week. 
I have received a lot of comfort and help this week. 
The Lord does truly listen and answer out prayers when they are sincere, specific, and we have the desire to act on what we pray for.
... ... ...
I pray for the strength to make it through this upcoming week.
I pray for The Chef in Training and her husband who is having some serious medical problems. 
I prayer for all of you who may be in need of comfort or a little extra help this week. 
May a prayer be forever in our hearts!!!

General Conference is next week and I'm super excited. Marvin and I are going down to Utah. He has never been to General Conference. I'm excited for him!!!
With that said, there is a very good chance that I won't have a Spiritual Feasting next week. But I'm sure that I'll make up for it with all my notes to share the follow week from what I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment