Pages

Mar 7, 2012

{wednesday weekly meal} Breakfast Wreath

Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Meals!!
I know that it's been a while since I've called my Wednesday posts that.
Wednesday become the set a side day a few months ago where we would post about the meal that we made that we had never cooked before. In fact, that was the whole reason for this blog in the first place when we started it a year ago. Over the last year it has evolved, changed formats and colors, titles of posts and I think I'm starting to figure out how I want things to work. I've been paying attention to how others are blogging and I've liked a lot of different things and over the next little while I'm going to start integrating them into this little blog to make it better for you now and others in the future.
If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know!!!

So, back to the meal at hand...
Last week when I posted about Potato Bacon Casserole I told you that we had breakfast once a week and I wasn't kidding. I had schedule to make this meal on our usual Wednesday and well, we didn't have any bacon and it was getting late, so I ended up making eggs and I found a box mix of Cinnamon muffins and then we had this new recipe on Thursday. So we were spoiled and had breakfast two days in a row!!! It made for a pretty good week! :)

This Breakfast Wreath is pretty tasty. 
I would add more bacon to it but it was pretty delicious as is.

Ingredients:
1 can of Crescent Rolls (8 count)
5 large Eggs
1 cup Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
8 slices of fully cooked Bacon (we like Maple Bacon)


Directions
Preheat oven to 375*

Scramble your eggs on the stove

Line Pizza Pan with Parchment Paper

Lay out crescents as seen below on Parchment lined Pizza Pan


Add the cooked bacon to the crescent rolls

Now add the cheese and egg in layers, ie. cheese, egg, cheese


Fold crescent tails over the bacon/egg/cheese innards



Sprinkle some more cheese on top (I forgot)

Bake for about 10-15 minutes depending on your oven or until the crescent are golden brown

Serve HOT!!


We ate ours with Salsa and Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmmmmmmmm!

Next time I might add some crumbled bacon bits to the scrambled eggs because 1 slice was not enough for me. But try it out and let us know what you think!

Have a great week and weekend!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment