Pages

Oct 24, 2012

Our New Kitchen in our New House

I LOVE our new kitchen, so much better than our old place.
It is brighter and bigger (well it feels bigger).
You have seen a few small glimpses of our old kitchen from the cooking posts. 
I don't have official images of our new kitchen, but here are a few shots of our first home cooked meal in our new kitchen.



We moved from a gas stove to an electric stove. 
It was a harder adjustment than I thought it would be. 
I was so excited to get a flat top stove for the extra counter space and it has been great. 
I don't have to worry about anything falling down into the flames or worrying about the gas.
But it has taken some time to get used to the heating processing of an electrical stove. 
It takes longer to warm up and doesn't cook evenly.
BUT
I'm learning and it's been great.
Our first meal was Schnitzel.
I burned the chicken and the rice because I didn't turn the heat up enough and then I turned it up too high and well... it's was a mess.
But over the last month or so I've learned better when to start heating things and to have patients with cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment