Pages

Oct 5, 2012

Small Update:

Hello Everyone!!! 

I just wanted to give you all a little update that we still don't have the internet yet at our new place.
(I'm at my parents house writing this up. We live outside of town now and I can't exactly grocery shop on my own anymore so I have to wait until Marvin gets off work so we can eat dinner and shop together. I'm pretty much at the 'I'm-useless' stage.)
I'm still finding and cooking new meals and it's really frustrating to me that I can't do anything about it. 
At this point I can't even type up the posts let alone put the pictures on my computer because every time we open it up and start working it freezes.
Any of you Mac users?
Familiar with the 'beach-ball of death'???
I have to take it in and see if there is anything that can be fixed or if we're out of luck and have to purchase a new computer. 
I've had my Mac since before I went to photography school (so about 4 years) and it's been through a lot. I'm crossing my fingers it can be fixed as we're a little tight with money right now.

I hope that you have all had a fantabulous Friday and that your weekend is going to be relaxing as we head into General Conference. 
I'm really excited to be able to sit down and listen. I have to tell you, that since being pregnant I have felt a strong desire to study scriptures more and really pay attention to all things spiritual. 
I love how our baby isn't born yet and he is inspiring me to learn and grow!

I have found several cool things lately that I want to share with you that might help you out with paying attention or growing spiritually during conference. 
I have the Pinterest app on my iphone and I have been on there growing my recipe board and everything else since that is pretty much all I can do.
While I've been on Pinterest, I've found this amazing blog called The Red Headed Hostess.
You really just need to click on that link and go explore her blog.
Be beware... once you get there, you may loose track of time.
Do you have some time to loose?
I PROMISE it will be well worth it!!!!!!!!
Just to wet your palate, she has all these different kinds of books that she has designed to help you study your scriptures, tips on how to study your scriptures, marking suggestions, scripture master flash cards... 
And the list goes on.
Trust me, just go check it out!

So what I wanted to share with you are her General Conference Note Taking Packet.
It's genius!!!



Here is just a sample of what the pages look like.
But if you click on the link above or the image you should be able to jump over The Red Headed Hostess' Blog and print out the PDF version that she has available so that you can take notes and remember the impressions you had.
Now with some speakers I tend to take A TON of notes so I may have to end up on the back of each page but that's okay. There is room for that!!!
I'm excited to make a binder of notes!
Then when little one is older, he'll be able to go back and read it and have a reference if need be for talks and things like that.

Now the other cool thing that I found, for those of you who have little ones, is this General Conference Bingo. I wish that I had something like this when I was little.


The only thing that I remember from when I was little was I colored A LOT!!!
Every Saturday between sessions we would go to this restaurant called Boston Market and get 'linner'. Best mashed potatoes EVER!!!
This was also back when they didn't have it available to listen to over the radio, unless you were in UT, and you had to go to the church to watch it.
Then on Sundays we would pack a little lunch and have a picnic at the church between sessions because we lived about 30-45 minutes from the stake center.
Saturdays we would listen in the Relief Society Room, but on Sundays, we were in the Chapel.
Those are some fun memories.

I also don't remember really taking notes until I was in College. I'm sure I did, but I have no idea where they are and I can't recall even a faint memory of listening to conference.
It wasn't until College that I really start to have memories of going to watch and listen to Conference and the Institute and I think that is really when I started to "partake of living waters".

I hope that these two things help you guys out this weekend and you'll have to let me know what you think.

Happy Conference Weekend!!!

Also, here is a meal for you guys to indulge in.
It's my families tradition Sunday Morning Breakfast.
Coffee Cake
(There is no Coffee in the cake, click on the link and take a look. Enjoy!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment