Pages

Dec 26, 2012

{wednesday weekly meal} Inside Out Chicken Potpie

I'm so in love with my crock pot that it's becoming a bit of an obsession.

Marvin LOVES Chicken Potpie. 
I don't mind it but I really don't like the crust.
I was cruising around Pinterest a few weeks ago looking for a good crock pot recipe and when I stumbled upon this I had to jumped on it. I thought this would be the perfect meal!
I was so excited and it turned out great. I'm even more excited to try out more and more of the crock pot recipes that I have found. They are perfect on weekends. 

*I'm trying to find the perfect meal for during the week. Any suggestions?
By the time Marvin goes to work and we sit down and eat dinner the food will have been in crock pot for about 12 hours... Some times it doesn't matter, but if you have suggestions I'm open to them.*

On to the recipe... Let us know what you think!!

Ingredients
1 large can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
1 small can Campbell's Cream of Celery Soup
1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (uncooked)
1 lb bag Frozen Peas and Carrots
1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
3-4 Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
**There weren't any Russet Potatoes at the store that weren't bagged. The potatoes we used below were perfect regardless and we did use the whole bag**
1/2 cup water
1 can Pillsbury Homestyle Biscuits


Directions
Place all the ingredients (except the biscuits) in the crock pot and cover

We Put the potatoes on the bottom 


Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours
(We did high heat for 4-5 hours)

Take the chicken out and shred it.

Bake biscuits according to package

Serve over biscuits
(We didn't use Pillsbury Biscuits, you can't see if very well in the ingredients pictures, we just used the store brand and they still tasted perfect)

Makes about 6-8 servings

**Next time we make this, we decided that we would probably clean the chicken and cube it first so that way when it's ready we can just eat instead of having to cut and re-warm**

{source}

No comments:

Post a Comment