Pages

Jan 2, 2013

{wednesday weekly meal} Stove Top Roasted Red Potatos

There have been several Red Potato Recipes floating around Pinterest and I wanted to try them out. 
Unfortunately, when I found them was when my oven broke and well, most if not all the recipes called for some oven use.
So I got on Google and did a search for stove top red potato recipes and I found this one. 
It was perfect and I know it's been a while but as you've noticed I've finally found time to update my blog.
(Serves 4)

Ingredients
6 large Red Potatoes
3 tbsp Butter
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
3/4 tsp Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder

We used a few more than 6 potatoes since ours were on the smallish side

Directions
Wash the potatoes well, slice into bit-sized pieces

Put them into a glass microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10 minutes

Remove from microwave and allow to cool for a few minutes

Heat a skillet onto medium heat and add butter


Sauté potatoes and add the seasonings to taste

Cook for about 6-8 minutes or until the potatoes are softened and browned.

Serve!

They were so delicious. We looked at the recipe, figured out how many potatoes we wanted and then did the rest off of taste. I don't think we measure the seasonings at all. 
They cook a lot faster then you might think so if you're preparing something else with it like a meat, make sure this is closer to the end of the preparation processes.


No comments:

Post a Comment