Pages

Feb 6, 2013

{wednesday weekly meal} Breakfast Burritos

Happy Wednesday!!!!
I really wish that it was Friday.
I've been back to work for a week and a half now and it's killing me. I get up way to early and I miss my little man so much during the day. It's certainately been an adventure and I'm excited to keep going. I'll have to update you guys more later on how our life has changed, but for now, here is a great breakfast idea that we found.
Now we love breakfast burriots. We used to have them a lot when I was pregnant because I loved having salsa. All we would do is eggs and sauge with salsa. Pretty easy right?
Well here is recipe that we found that has more flavor and color to and we enjoyed it.
AND....
The best part is, was there were instructions for freezing and re-heat!!!!!
I was way excited for that part because then there is instant breakfast, or another dinner another night!!!!
So with out further adu, here is the recipe.
Ingredients
1 lb Sausage
1 1/2 cups frozen, cubed Has Brown Potatoes
1/4 cup Diced Green or Red Pepper
4 eggs, lightly beaten**
12 flour Tortillas (8 inches), warmed*
1/2 cup Shredded CHeddar Cheese
Picante Sauce and Sour Cream*
*size or ingredient optional
**I used 5 eggs and there was not enough egg. Either decrease the Sauge or increase the egg.
Directions
In a large skillet cook the sausage so its no longer pink
Drain and then add the potatoes and pepper, cook until tender about 6-8 min
Add slightly beaten eggs and cook/stir until set
Spoon filling into each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, wrap and enjoy



To Freeze and Reheat
Wrap each burrito in waxed paper and foil.
Microwave on high for 2- 2 1/4 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 65* turning burrito over once.
Let stand for 20-30 seconds
Can freeze for up to a month

{source}

No comments:

Post a Comment