Pages

Jul 26, 2013

I don't have time or It's not a priority?!

For the few minutes I was in Relief Society on Sunday,
something was said that has stuck with
and then resonated with me on Tuesday and again this morning.
 
I don't really remember how we got to this point,
but a few women mentioned that the more you read youR scriptures the firmer your faith is.
Not only that but you need to show your children that reading the scriptures is important as well
and the best way to do that is right in front of them.
Before Royce was born, I never had the 'nesting' feeling so speak.
Instead of 'nesting' physically and around the home, I feel like I was attempting to 'nest' spiritually.
I had this strong urge and desire to want to read Conference Talks and Scriptures and
listen to and read anything spiritual.
Well, like regular 'nesting', my 'spiritual' nesting came to an end.
I have wanted to get back to that.
I want to read my scriptures every day.
I want to study and disect the Conference Talks.
I want to feel the spirit more in my every day life.
During that lesson on Sunday, I had the strong desire again to spiritual 'nest'.
I have this feeling Royce needs me to do that.
 
On Tuesday I got this email from The Redheaded Hostess.
(I subscribe to her blog because I LOVE all her posts
but never have the time to stalk my blogger feed.)
Her post reminded me again about the feeling I had on Sunday.
The title of the post is How A Busy Mom CAN Study Her Scriptures.
I printed it out.
I want to become better and I'm going to try some of these ideas.
 
So, in an effort to try and feel the spirit more during my day,
I listened to The Mormon Channel on my 30 minute commute to grandma's and work this morning.
The episode that was playing was Tech Savvy and
about how blogging is a great way to share your testimony.
Then Mormon Channel Daily came on.
It was about Priceless Gifts You Can Give and it was the end that brought it all home.
They talked about the phrase that seems to be the theme of my life lately.
I don't have time.
But what caught me off guard was what you are really telling yourself 
or someone else when you say 'I don't have time'.
You are really saying...
That is not a priority.
I don't have time to read my scriptures.
I don't have time to exercise.
I don't have time... blah blah blah
I don't think I ever want to hear that phrase again!!!!
 
I'm making a commitment right now!
I may not have the time to actually sit down and read the Scriptures or Conference Talks 
but I CAN keep doing what I did today and listen them on my commute to and from work!!!
OH!
And I'm going to try and stop using the phrase.... I don't have time! :)
 
I hope you guys have a great day!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment