Pages

May 15, 2014

Blessings in disguise :)

Sometimes it's hard being a stay-at-home-mom! 
Yesterday was a scary day for me. My son was uncharacteristically sick. He was lethargic, tired, burning up with a fever and he wouldn't let me do anything or go anywhere. He snuggled my leg while I went to the bathroom. He was gagging before each and every barking cough and I didn't know what to do. After talking with my husband I took him to the doctor. After a tortured throat and nose swab, some Tylenol and a nebulizer treatment my little boy was starting to act a little more normal. I felt so relieved that we made the decision to take him in.

I received a call from the doctor this morning and he has RSV!! After listening to him breathing last night and this morning I wasn't surprised. I knew all the signs and it breaks my heart. 
Everyone always says that everything happens for a reason. 


I was talking to one of my SIL's this morning and she said she would be freaking out. And then I realized something...
Yes... Normally I would be freaking out BUT, 17 years ago I had RSV. I KNOW EXACTLY what my little boy is going through and I know how to comfort him and talk to him. It was a blessing in disguise! It helped this first time momma know what to do and how to comfort her son and know when it was time to go in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment