Pages

Nov 3, 2015

Never Ignore A Prompting

I am sitting on my bed in my fuzzy robe snuggled under fuzzy blankets wonder what I should write about. I've been thinking about it for 2 days now.

Yesterday morning in the shower, where a lot of inspiration occurs, I had this thought that I should start this blog up again. I don't know why, but I haven't been able to shake it.

My husband and I started this blog several years ago. It was a way for us to document our weekly date nights of finding a new recipe and trying it. Together. He would do the cooking. I would do the blogging. We loved it and the blog got more and more serious. Then I got pregnant and I couldn't handle the smell of much food for a while. Then our sweet Little Man came. Then I had to go back to work. Juggling being a new mom, a working mom and a devoted wife and a blogger was too much for me so I made a choice and the best choice at the time.

Now that I've been home for a while and seem to have a handle on things most days, I've found that I have more time in my day. Over the years I've tried a few direct sales businesses and as I've realized, they just don't seem to be something my family needs. They are fun! I wouldn't change anything that I've tried or the friendships that I have found and developed thanks to the direct sales world. I'm just ready to move on.

Over the last few weeks, I've been looking for crockpot recipes and new and easy recipes to try and have been loving the results! My love for finding new dinners is back and it's about time! I don't have a ton under my belt, but I have a few fabulous recipes that I'd love to share!

However, I want this to be more than just about cooking. This blog is called The Stoker Kitchen. I don't know about you, but most of our time is spent in and around the kitchen and not all of it is cooking. I have a small galley style kitchen now that opens into our main living area and that is where live happens. In this area, I study the scriptures, we play with toys, watch movies and TV shows, bake, cook, have dance parties, have Family Home Evening. I not only want to share what's cooking and baking in the kitchen, but what I'm learning as a mom, a wife and a daughter of God who is trying to teach her children the best she can!

I hope that you join me as I start this back up again. It will be slow going but I'm grateful for the chance to try again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment