Pages

Nov 14, 2015

{#Ponderize} Weeks 1-5

During the 2015 October General Conference, Devin G Durrant gave a great talk called My Heart Pondereth Them Continually. He talked about picking a scripture weekly and doing two things with it. Ponder it and Memorize it. In putting those two together, he advised us all to ponderize weekly.

I have been loving this so far. During my weekly reading/studying I find a few scriptures that I like and come Sunday/Monday I pick which one touches my heart and I ponderize it. I want to share those with you.

I'll be posting my ponderize-ing scripture the week after I've ponderized it that way I can also write about how it helped me throughout the week. I hope these will help you too!

Here are the scriptures I chose for the first five weeks...

1. Mark 1:17-18
And Jesus said unto them, come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.
And straightway they forsook their nets and followed him.
2. Revelations 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
3. 1 Nephi 3:7
And it came to pass that I, Nephi said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them. 
 4 & 5. Alma 56:47 -- I loved this scripture so much I kept it for two weeks. I decided that I look at my lock screen on my phone more than a note card on a wall so I designed an image to fit my phone.)
(Fits an iPhone5 but may fit others. Feel free to right click and/or save the image if you would like to ponderize that particular scripture yourself.)


**My #Ponderize posts will occur weekly on Sundays**


No comments:

Post a Comment