Pages

Nov 18, 2015

{Wednesday Weekly Meal} Deconstructed Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie

I have been wanting Marie Calendars Chicken Pot Pie for a while now. Unfortunately it hasn't been a necessity and therefore hasn't made it into the grocery budget. In my attempt at trying to use my crock pot more I found this pot pie recipe so we gave it a try!!

In my opinion there was too much chicken. The hubs thought it was just fine. In the future I'll probably cut the chicken in half. We also felt like it need potatoes! So next time we make it, we'll try it with potatoes and let you know! :)

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hrs on HIGH or 8 hrs on LOW
Servings: 6
Serving size: 1 cup, heaping with 1 biscuit

(I apologize for the poor image quality. I had completely forgotten, again, to take a picture so I snapped one quick with my phone. As I get back into the swing of things I promise the image quality will get better!)


Ingredients
1 lb boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
1 small Onion, diced
Celery Seed, a few dashes
2 10.5 oz cans Campbles Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup Milk
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp dried Thyme
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
16 oz bag Frozen Mixed Veggies
2 tbsp Parsley
12 oz can Pillsbury Flaky Biscuits

Directions
Clean chicken and place in the bottom of the crock pot.

Top the chicken with the diced onion and a few dashes if celery salt.

In a small bow, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, milk, garlic powder, thyme, salt and black pepper and pour mixture over the chicken in the crock pot.

Cover and cook for 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hrs on LOW.

Remove the chicken and shred, then place back into the crock pot and add the frozen veggies and parsley.

Stir to mix together and cook for an additional 30 minutes.

Bake biscuits according to packaging instructions.

Serve in a bowl with a biscuit!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment