Pages

Dec 23, 2015

{Wednesday Weekly Meal} Monkey Bread

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! We decided to try out something new this year. All growing up, my dad would make Petal Roll for breakfast Christmas morning (and I just realized we haven't blogged about that yet, I'll have to make that happen some time). This year, I don't want to do too much baking, I just want to have a nice relaxed and quiet Christmas so we are going to make Monkey Bread!! What do you guys do for breakfast Christmas morning?!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Hubs was craving Monkey bread. The store that we went to didn't have any! So I jumped on Pinterest, we bought a few things we needed and decided to give it a go!!

ANY FLUTED PAN WILL DO!!

Here is the Monkey Bread Recipe I found on Pinterest. We learned a lot! There are things we need to change around in order for it to work better for us. But hey... this is a learning place right?

We have never made these recipes before!! Honest to goodness! By the time I blog about it or the blog posts go live we might have made it 1-3 times, but all these recipes I'm finding and sharing are ones I've never tried before! So enjoy learning from our mistakes :)


This was the VERY FIRST time we made it! See the ** below to see where we went wrong :)
Ingredients
2 cans Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Biscuits
1/2 cup Sugar
1 cup tightly packed Brown Sugar
1 tbsp ground Cinnamon
1 stick butter, melted

Directions
Preheat oven to 325* and lightly grease your fluted cake pan.

Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a large bag.

Quarter your biscuits using a pizza cutter, knife or scissors.

Place biscuit quarters in bag of cinnamon & sugar and shake to fully coat.

Mix together melted butter and brown sugar then pour over the top of biscuits in the the fluted pan.

Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.

COOL IN THE PAN for about 10 minutes then flip the pan over onto a serving plate.

Pull apart to serve!

** Here is where I went wrong... I melted the butter on the stove and mixed together the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon then added it to the melted butter on the stove. I think that was my biggest mistake right there. The mixture was chunky and didn't pour well and so it stayed only on the top of the pan (which is actually the bottom). AND I'm thinking that we need MORE butter so that the brown sugar/butter mixture is more runny. BUT we're looking forward to trying this again! It tasted great, just came out all wrong!!**

***After making this twice we have found that 30-35 minutes isn't long enough for us. The middle of the monkey bread is still very doughy but the outside is crunchy. We have a very old oven in our rental and we're wondering if that has anything to do with it, BUT give it a try and let us know!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment