Pages

Dec 2, 2015

{Wednesday Weekly Meal} Sloppy Joes

Growing up I liked the idea of Sloppy Joes but I never liked the weird residue the tomato pasted left in my mouth as I was eating. And the other day when we were going through trying to figure out what we can make with all the ground elk that we have in our freezer, The Hubs said that Sloppy Joes sounded really good. So off to Pinterest I went and I found this Sloppy Joe recipe and we really like it!



Now we did change a few things from the original recipe, so below is what we did :)

Ingredients
2 lbs ground Elk
1 spoon canned Minced Garlic
Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 cup Water
3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 1/2 tsp prepared Yellow Mustard
1 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 cup Ketchup

Directions
In a large skillet brown your ground meat with a few dashes of onion powder then drain any excess fat.

Place ground meat in crock pot.

In a mixing bowl combine all other ingredients and mix well.

Pour the sauce over the ground meat in the crock pot and stir to evenly coat everything.

Set crock pot to cook on HIGH for 2 hours

Stir the meat before serving!

**We don't care for onion so I just did several dashes of onion powder in the mixing bowl instead of actual onion. Original recipe calls for 1/2 cup finely chopped onion. Also, the original recipe called for 1 1/4 cup Ketchup. Next time I might try 1 1/8 cup because I felt like it needed a little more.**

No comments:

Post a Comment